We proudly shared our bean pictures and stories at the junior school assembly today.
What amazing writers and artists we are.
Welcome to our class blog for 2012. We are a class of 5 year olds who started at Eastern Hutt School in Lower Hutt, New Zealand this year. Our teacher is Mrs Graham, and we are excited about learning and making discoveries! This blog is where we proudly share our amazing learning journey with others. Watch us shine like bright stars! We love getting messages so make sure you leave a comment for us to read.
Hello E6 and Mrs Graham
ReplyDeleteYour beans look very healthy growing up their bamboo sticks near your window. Do you have to water them every day?
Your pictures certainly look like they took a lot of time to finish. It looks like you used crayon and a colour wash to finish off with. Is that right?
Would one of the big leaves be about the size of your hand?
regards
Mrs S
a teacher from Tasmania
I hope that you had lots of fun planting your bean plants. We did!
ReplyDeleteYour beans look very tall - I wish i could grow them that tall!
ReplyDeleteHello E6 Superstars. We have been looking at your blog in class on our interactive whiteboard. We think that you have been doing lots of fun things. All the boys and girls were very jealous that you have a swimming pool that you can swim in. We are going to ask our headteacher whether we can have one (We think she will say no!) We will continue to look at your blog this week.
ReplyDeleteReception - Stubbins Primary School - England
Hello Thomas B and Tess. We did have fun planting our beans. We have to remind each other to water them every single day! We are glad you had fun planting your beans too. We are wondering if they look like our ones or are they different? From Mrs Graham, Riya and Lucy in E6.
ReplyDeleteYour beans and your bean drawings look fantastic E6! I am really looking forward to hearing when your beans start growing some pods and seeds as they are nice and sweet to eat! Keep up the good work E6. We are all very proud of you all! Lucy's Dad
ReplyDeleteMrs. Graham, I love the lima bean idea, especially for 5 year olds because they are capable of doing it on their own. A picture was an excellent idea to show their creativity and imagination. E6 kids you seemed like you guys enjoyed it very much. You kids are wonderful little artist who are very lucky to have an adventure in the classroom. I hope you all continue to learn throughout the year.
ReplyDeleteEdm310 Student, Caitlyn Latini
Hello E6 Super Stars and Mrs Graham
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting our blog and for your comment. I will show my Preps your amazing beans tomorrow. They have grown very fast! We also decided that our Hairy Harrys need soil, light and water to grow - just like your beans. I think your pictures are amazing.
We are very excited about our Hairy Harrys and we hope you will visit our blog again to see what happens.
From Prep K and Mrs Kennedy
Mrs.Graham,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Cedric Lett a student in EDM310 at the University Of South Alabama. I enjoyed your post on the beans. Your students pictures look great. Planting the beans gave the kids something to look forward to everyday when they get to school. Great job keeping your students engaged.
http://lettcedricedm310.blogspot.com
I love the idea of a drawing every day in a diary instead of writing. Do the students love drawing better then writing? I love the bean idea we grew butterflies when I was in 2nd grade. It was wonderful.
ReplyDelete