Friday, 10 February 2012

Beans!

Yesterday afternoon we were lining up by the door to go to the library when we noticed Emily's bean had just broken through the soil.  Emily's bean was the first to sprout!  Look at the surprise we got when we arrived at school this morning...

Lucy and Riya's beans had grown so much overnight.  We were all amazed!

I wonder what is helping our beans to grow so fast and so tall?

Look what I spotted just as I was locking up the classroom this evening...
one of our bean cups that we put in a shady place has sprouted.  

I wonder if all bean plants really do need sunlight to grow?
Maybe they can grow in the shade after all?
I wonder who's bean will be next to sprout?

I wonder if our classroom will be covered in climbing beans on Monday morning...we might have to write a story called E6 and the Beanstalks!

Have a happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment! Your comment will be moderated before it is visible. Please check that your spelling is correct and that if you know us you only use our first names! We can't wait to read your comment! From E6.