This week we shared a story together called "Where is Miss Pool?" by Joy Cowley. Miss Pool is a teacher who doesn't come to school. The children look all over the school for her and then they find out that she is at home in bed with a cold in her head!
We decided that we should write a story and call it Where is Hunter Hemson? and send it to him to cheer him up! We did some fantastic writing about Hunter. We used our white hat thinking and thought about all the places he could be if we went looking for him at school. When we are using our white hats we are thinking about all the facts and knowledge we have.
We went for a walk around the school and took photos of ourselves looking for Hunter. We had great fun doing this. We had to practice our 'searching for Hunter' faces and our 'sad' faces to match the different parts of the story!
We went for a walk around the school and took photos of ourselves looking for Hunter. We had great fun doing this. We had to practice our 'searching for Hunter' faces and our 'sad' faces to match the different parts of the story!
Then Mrs Graham showed us how to make a slideshow presentation using google docs. Some of it was really tricky and it took us all week to make. We liked choosing different colours for the background. We added our photographs to match our story. We added interesting words into some speech bubbles that gave our story more information. We hope you like our story presentation!
Most importantly, we hope that Hunter gets better soon!
We made this just for you Hunter,
we miss you at school!
Dear Mrs Graham & all my friends in E6
ReplyDeleteThank you for sending the message. I liked seeing the pictures of my friends. I am starting to feel a bit better & my mum has emailed Mrs Graham a photo of my chest xray for you all to see. I hope you love it.
Hope you have a lovely time
Love from Hunter xx
Wow E6! That is really cool! I really liked the story of the missing Hunter. I wish I could be really good authors like you.
ReplyDeleteFrom Emily's bigger brother Gavin