- We have learned to point to each word as we read. We call this matching one to one.
- We have learned to look at the first letter in a tricky word and try to sound it out. Some of us are even learning to sound out middle and end letters in words too. We call this reading through a word!
- We have learned that the pictures give us clues. Pictures help us to understand the story and to work out what tricky words might say.
We read a story together about Greedy Cat. The author is Joy Cowley and the illustrator (the person who drew the pictures) is Robyn Belton.
Greedy Cat likes lots of things, but what does Greedy Cat like for dinner?
We hope you enjoy hearing us read.
Check back here very soon to see some amazing
Greedy Cat Stories by E6!

Hello Mrs. Graham and The E6 Superstars,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Evan, and I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at The University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed exploring your blog site. You all read so well. That "Greedy Cat" sure does like lots of things. I noticed that "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" is on your reading list. I remember reading the same book when I was younger. It sure is a super book. Have you all read it yet? If so, what did you think?
The day Fred came must have been loads of fun. He is a very cute puppy. Looks like Fred made lots of new friends, especially Angelina. She looked like she got the most kisses. Will Fred be coming back to visit any time soon?
Thank you all so much for your time. I will be summarizing this blog on my EDM 310 class blog this week. I will leave you a link to my class blog at the bottom of this page. I welcome any comments you may have.
Evan's Blog
Hi E6 superstars
ReplyDeleteWe also have been learning to read in Room 12. We also enjoy reading Greedy Cat books. What fantastic reading of 'Greedy Cat' and great pointing of the words as you read. Keep up the good work.
Mrs Robertson and the Learning Hive.