This Morning Mr O'Sullivan took us out for fitness. We got given 2 buddies each since there are only 9 of us so far, and lots of them! Our buddies helped us to learn a game called 'Link Up'. We had to follow the leader, and follow the instructions that Mr O'Sullivan called out. We were lucky to have our amazing buddies to help us learn how to play. After lunch we went to A2 and read our buddies our reading book that we did in class today. We told our buddies what the title was and who wrote the story. We talked about the pictures.
We showed our buddies how we point to each word as we read using our magic pointing finger, and our buddies helped us with the tricky words.
We were very lucky because then our buddies read our reading book to us. We will read like superstars tonight at home!
After we read with our buddies, Mrs Graham read A2 and E6 a funny story about a Witch who had to make room on her broom for a dog, a cat, and a frog.
Before we went home today we talked about what we liked best about spending time with our buddy class.
Here are our thoughts...
I really liked going to Mr O'Sullivan's class and playing a game but his whistle was noisy like the bell and gave me a fright! - Emily.
I was feeling scared about going to see the big kids but when we got there we had a happy time and I liked reading a story with them - Angelina.
I think I had 4 big buddies in A2. They helped me play a cool game and even let me be the leader and that was so cool. I will say 'hello buddy' when I see my buddy tomorrow. - Hunter.
I love my buddy and I want to find my buddy at lunch time to play with - Ashley.

Hi Jacqui,
ReplyDeleteIts so wonderful to see your blogs and the effort you put in with the kids. You are doing an amazing job and its great to see my darling Riya have so much fun.
Cheers
Vikas
Hi E6 Superstars!
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed with your A2 buddy time. Do you think you would like to be a buddy to Year One kids when you are in Year Four? It sure feels nice when other people help us and when we also help other people.
Fred is sitting next to me and is saying "woof". That's dog speak for "hello my friends in E6 - I miss you"!
Keep up the good work E6 and make sure you thank Mrs. Graham for being a wonderful teacher!
Lucy's Dad and Fred ("arf")
Hi E6 Superstars!
ReplyDeleteMy Preps just love their buddies. I know that the buddies make starting school a very happy time.
Have lots of fun.
From Mrs Kennedy and Prep K
Hi E6 Superstars, we love the story "Room on the Broom". Julia Donaldson writes a lot of great books. We really like her book called "Stickman".
ReplyDelete